KRYPTOSPHERE HD ultra-conductive, high-density ceramic proppant
KRYPTOSPHERE HD ultra-conductive, highdensity ceramic proppant technology has been specifi cally engineered for high closure stress and risk environments, including ultradeepwater regions such as the Gulf of Mexico.
As the only proppant suitable for ultra-high closure stress environments, KRYPTOSPHERE HD technology provides a step-change in conductivity, compressive strength and durability: significantly outperforming any other proppant available.
Attain higher flow rates at the highest closure stresses to increase recovery and return on investment, thereby lowering finding and development costs per barrel of oil equivalent.
- Precision-engineered, strong, durable, round, single-mesh-sized and smooth proppant grains
- Single-mesh-sized product manufactured to any size required to suit well conditions
- Significantly higher baseline conductivity at stresses above 12,000 psi compared to typical bauxite-based high-strength proppant
- Excellent roundness, sphericity and smoothness for less erosivity
- Extraordinary strength and durability
- Highly acid resistant compared to alternative ceramic proppant
- Creates a frac with more space for hydrocarbon flow
- Maintains the highest flow rates and levels of conductivity for the productive life of the frac
- Reduces flow path tortuosity to reduce non-Darcy impacts and improve overall conductivity
- Avoids the creation of fines that reduce conductivity
- Significantly less erosion during pumping, minimizes wear-and-tear on downhole tools and pumping equipment
A step-change in performance
KRYPTOSPHERE HD proppant continues to perform where the strongest bauxite proppant currently available fails making it the world’s first ultra-high strength proppant.
Lower beta factor and pressure drop
The spherical, smooth and uniform size characteristics of KRYPTOSPHERE HD technology creates a frac with more uniform flow paths. The reduced flow path tortuosity minimizes the pressure drop due to non-Darcy flow effects across the fracture which further enhances overall conductivity, flow rates and ultimate recovery.
Outperforms conventional ceramic proppant
The unique engineering of KRYPTOSPHERE HD technology yields higher levels of performance than conventional ceramic proppant.
Significantly less erosive to surface and downhole equipment
The high sphericity and smoothness of KRYPTOSPHERE HD technology means it is significantly less erosive during pumping. As a result, equipment wear is reduced and fracture design constraints, due to erosivity concerns, are removed: enabling higher proppant volumes to be used.
Increased acid resistance and fracturing fluid compatibility
The high quality of materials and the precision manufacturing process used for KRYPTOSPHERE HD technology improves acid resistance, ensuring increased proppant durability and compatibility with production chemicals.
Exceptional microstructure for increased strength and durability
KRYPTOSPHERE HD technology has an exceptionally low and uniformly distributed internal porosity which creates a proppant with extraordinary compressive strength and durability.
Standard high-strength proppant (bauxite)
High internal porosity with irregular distribution dramatically reduces strength leading to the creation of fines that rapidly reduce conductivity and production.
Precisely manufactured to any size required to suit well conditions
KRYPTOSPHERE HD technology is a single-mesh-sized product that can be manufactured at the optimal size for your fracture design and reservoir conditions.