KRYPTOSPHERE HD ultra-conductive, high-density ceramic proppant
KRYPTOSPHERE HD high-density proppant technology significantly exceeds the conductivity, compressive strength and durability of current products. Attain higher flow rates at the highest closure stresses to increase recovery and return on investment, thereby lowering finding and development costs per barrel of oil equivalent.
- Precision-engineered, strong, durable, round, mono-sized and smoother proppant grains
- Single-mesh-sized product manufactured to any size required to suit well conditions
- Significantly higher baseline conductivity at stresses above 12,000 psi compared to typical bauxite-based high-strength proppant
- Excellent roundness, sphericity and smoothness for less erosivity
- Extraordinary strength and durability
- Highly acid resistant compared to alternative ceramic proppant
- Creates a frac with more uniform pore throats and more space for hydrocarbon flow
- Maintains the highest flow rates and levels of conductivity for the productive life of the frac
- Reduces flow path tortuosity to reduce non-Darcy impacts and improve overall conductivity
- Avoids the creation of fines that reduce conductivity
- Significantly less erosion during pumping, minimizes wear-and-tear on downhole tools and pumping equipment
A new category of strength
KRYPTOSPHERE HD proppant continues to perform where the strongest bauxite proppant currently available fails making it the world’s first ultra-high strength proppant.
Chart of closure stress and proppant type
Higher production. Increased recovery.
As a major breakthrough in proppant technology, KRYPTOSPHERE HD proppant significantly exceeds the conductivity, compressive strength and durability of current products. You can attain higher flow rates at the highest closure stresses to increase recovery and return on investment—all while lowering finding and development costs per barrel of oil equivalent.
Greater baseline conductivity than high-density proppant
Creating a high performance ceramic proppant involves engineering key characteristics including grain size, shape and strength.
Its exceptional microstructure means that KRYPTOSPHERE HD proppant looks and performs unlike any other proppant available today.
Standard high-strength proppant (bauxite)
Irregular size and shape with manufacturing imperfections
Mono-sized and superior shape, with exceptional microstructure