KRYPTOSPHERE HD ultra-conductive, high-density ceramic proppant
KRYPTOSPHERE technology produces a high-performance, high-density ceramic proppant engineered to deliver unparalleled conductivity and durability in the highest closure stress wells. Even in challenging, high-cost environments such as deepwater wells, KRYPTOSPHERE HD proppant retains its integrity to safeguard the long-term conductivity of each fracture—enabling greater ultimate recovery from the reservoir.
- Precision-engineered, durable, uniform-sized, smooth proppant grains, exceptional microstructure
- Twice the baseline conductivity at 30,000 psi closure stress compared to typical bauxite-based, high-strength proppants
- Single-mesh sized product manufactured to any size required to suit well conditions
- Exceptionally strong proppant with virtually no internal flaws in grains—retains integrity at 30,000 psi
- Spherical shape and smooth surface to significantly reduce erosion—even at high velocities
- Extremely low acid solubility in mud acid
- Creates a frac with uniform pore throats and more space for hydrocarbon flow
- Maintains the additional space, producing the highest flow rates and levels of conductivity for the productive life of the frac
- Resists cyclic loading and avoids the creation of fines that reduce conductivity
- Reduces hydrocarbon flow path tortuosity to improve overall conductivity
- Very low acid solubility allows for durability through multiple acid treatments
- Reduces erosion during pumping operation, allowing for increased proppant volumes and larger fracs
- Faster return on investment and increased recovery while reducing total F&D costs
A new category of strength
KRYPTOSPHERE HD proppant continues to perform where the strongest bauxite proppant currently available fails making it the world’s first ultra-high strength proppant.
Chart of closure stress and proppant type
Higher production. Increased recovery.
As a major breakthrough in proppant technology, KRYPTOSPHERE HD proppant significantly exceeds the conductivity, compressive strength and durability of current products. You can attain higher flow rates at the highest closure stresses to increase recovery and return on investment—all while lowering finding and development costs per barrel of oil equivalent.
100% greater baseline conductivity than high-density proppant
Precision-engineered for performance
KRYPTOSPHERE HD proppant is specifically engineered for superior characteristics including grain size, shape and strength. Its exceptional microstructure means that KRYPTOSPHERE HD ultra-conductive proppant looks—and performs—unlike any other proppant available today.
Irregular size and shape with manufacturing imperfections
Pellets and cross-section of HD grain
Uniform size and shape with exceptional microstructure