Chemically-tagged traceable technology
- Non-radioactive taggant that can be added to any CARBO proppant during manufacturing
- More than 20 taggants available
- Upon proppant flowback, the taggant is easily identified with routine analysis
- Taggants do not degrade over time
- Does not alter the physical properties or conductivity of the proppant
Identifies the precise well or fracture stage that flows back proppant
CARBO uses a patented process to add unique chemical markers—called taggants—to any CARBO proppant during manufacturing. If CARBOTAG proppant is found in a common separation facility, it can be easily determined which fracture or stage is allowing proppant to flow back.