SCALEGUARD proppant-delivered scale-inhibiting technology is a porous ceramic proppant engineered with an innovative controlled release technology and infused with scale-inhibiting chemicals.
Long-term protection from a single application
SCALEGUARD technology is placed throughout the entire fracture as part of the standard fracturing process. A single treatment can be designed to safeguard the entire production system-from the fracture through the wellbore to the surface processing equipment-or the life of the well.
Maintains inhibitors levels
Our unique controlled release technology ensures that scale-generating water is inhibited at a designed rate so that levels remain above the minimum inhibitor concentration (MIC) determined for each application.
Reduce production maintenance costs
Each SCALEGUARD treatment can be engineered to last for the effective life of the well based on anticipated production profiles. The technology significantly reduces production maintenance requirements and costs, avoids workovers and eliminates the potential for catastrophic production system failures. The technology has saved one operator in the Uinta over $156,000 per well in maintenance costs per year.
Highly efficient scale inhibition
By placing the production assurance chemicals directly in the fracture where they are needed and avoiding chemical washout, SCALEGUARD technology provides effective, long-term protection while reducing chemical consumption and treatment costs.
More efficient and effective than alternative treatments
Our unique SCALEGUARD technology outperform other production assurance treatments which can be inefficient, expensive and required to be repeated due to their short effective periods:
- Controlled release technology significantly lengthens treatment life and reduces initial inhibitor washout
- Engineered ceramic proppant that provides effective chemical delivery, high fracture conductivity and strength
- Liquid inhibitor added to frac fluid is short-lived and inefficient due to the large volume of chemicals required
- Periodic squeezes are short-lived and must be routinely repeated, incurring ongoing operational expenditure
- Other particulate chemical carriers added during frac can impair conductivity and can be short-lived
No loss of conductivity or integrity
SCALEGUARD technology serves as both a scale inhibitor and proppant that has no impact on fracture conductivity. It does not compromise proppant pack conductivity, nor create excessive fines that restrict or block hydrocarbon flow spaces: a risk associated with lower strength particulate-based carriers.