All-natural, bio-based spill absorbent products
ASSETGUARD offers a line of spill absorption products* to absorb/soak up oil and other tough liquids on contact, providing fast and safe cleaning and remediation of spills. The product is available in the form of a loose absorbent, absorbent sock or absorbent pillow to provide spill absorption in a variety of applications and environments.
More absorbent, more cost-effective than alternative products
The bio-based products are 4.5 times more absorbent than clay products, so less product is required to treat a spill. A Naval Air Station reported 60% cost savings using the all-natural absorbents over traditional clay-based products.
Even among other plant-based products, these spill absorption products provide superior performance at a lower price.
Safer than clay and non-carcinogenic
Clay contains dangerous silica dust that can cause silicosis and lung cancer. These oil-absorbent products contain no respirable silica dust and meet the strictest OSHA safety requirements.
Environmentally friendly and beneficial
Spill absorbent products offered by ASSETGUARD are 100% recycled cellulose fibers. They can be reused multiple times. In addition, these products can bio-remediate simple hydrocarbons, breaking them down into harmless carbon dioxide and water. Captured hydrocarbons or contaminates will not leach out into soil or groundwater. The used material can even serve as an alternative fuel for incineration, releasing 7,000 BTUs per pound with less than 3% ash.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture bio-preferred product
- U.S. Department of Defense approved
- Made in the USA
- Oil & Gas
- Chemical plants and refineries
- Water treatment
- First responders/emergency response
- Dyes, pigments and paints
- Chemical suppliers
Ideal for use with the full line of ASSETGUARD
environmental protection products that capture and hold spills.
- 4.5x more absorbent than clay
- Completely absorbs oil and other liquids
- Unlike clay, contains no silica dust that can lead to silicosis and lung cancer
- Made from 100% natural and recycled cellulose fibers
- Works more quickly than clay, and less product is required. Net cost savings per application
- No need for additional cleaning products after initial treatment
- Safe to use in any application
- Environmentally beneficial and biodegradable
Applied directly to a spill, will absorb liquids and then can be swept up. Can also be applied to the surface of contaminated water to absorb oil.
Can be used as a dike/barrier to block spill expansion. Can also be placed in a MOBILEGUARD
to absorb leaks.
Can be placed in a MOBILEGUARD
or under a drip to absorb leaks.
*The spill absorption products offered by ASSETGUARD are manufactured by Nature’s Broom™, a trademark of Delta Dry LLC.