Inert tracer technology for gravel pack applications
CARBONRT GP inert tracer technology for gravel pack applications has been developed to enable a safe, accurate and cost-effective evaluation of gravel pack completed wells.
The technology is used in cased hole and open hole completions in both vertical and horizontal wells to help you increase production and recovery. The tracer is permanently detectable, so evaluations can be performed and repeated at any time during the life of the well to ensure sufficient pack quality.
- Inert, permanent tracer that is safe and environmentally friendly—no special equipment, handling, permits or licenses required
- Uniform distribution of tracer within each proppant grain—not a coating— can be manufactured into any CARBO ceramic proppant
- Detected using pulsed neutron logging tools run at standard speeds
- Safe, accurate and cost-effective gravel pack evaluation in cased-hole and open-hole completions in both horizontal or vertical wells
- Detect the top of the gravel pack to evaluate if all productive zones have been covered
- Evaluate proppant pack quality and percent coverage in the near-wellbore region
- Identify presence of voids or channels in the pack that can lead to impaired production through ingress of fines and sand from formation